Make your next bruschetta more memorable by turning to colorful heirloom tomatoes and purple basil in this easy 10-minute recipe.
- 2 cups diced heirloom tomatoes, color as desired
- ¼ cup diced white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh purple basil
- Salt and pepper (as desired)
- Mix together tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and basil in a medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired (try flake salt as a garnish, as pictured above).
- Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving with bread, crackers, grain dishes or beans.
- Category: Dip
- Cuisine: Italian, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 6 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
Keywords: bruschetta, easy bruschetta recipe, vegan dip