Call upon the rich, earthy flavors of roasted eggplant to create this craveable 100% plant-based dip, which also includes smoked paprika, lemon juice, tahini, and sliced olives.
- 1 small (about 7 ounces) eggplant
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- To Roast Eggplant, spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Trim ends of eggplant and slice in half lengthwise. Place cut side down on a baking dish. Drizzle surface with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Place in oven on top rack and roast for about 25-30 minutes, until eggplant is very soft to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, assemble all of the ingredients to prepare Dip. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, smoked paprika, and black pepper into the container of a small blender or food processor. Scoop out the flesh of the eggplant with a spoon and add to the container. Process a few minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Remove dip from the blender and place in a small bowl. Stir in sliced olives.
- Makes about 1 cup (4 ¼-cup servings).
- Serve immediately or chill until serving time. Delicious served with whole grain crackers, vegetables, or tortilla chips, or as a spread on sandwiches, toast, or wraps.
- Category: Dip
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 169 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan dip, eggplant dip, healthy dip