This classic chickpea sun-dried tomato basil hummus, stars nutrient-rich chickpeas, along with a few key ingredients—lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and basil—to whip up the freshest hummus ever!
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), with liquid
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch salt (optional)
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup chickpeas
- Drizzle olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid. Put the beans into a blender or food processor.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini, black pepper, and olive oil, as well as about half of the reserved bean liquid.
- Puree the bean mixture, adding additional bean liquid as necessary to produce a smooth, very thick, creamy dip.
- Remove from blender or food processor and transfer to a bowl.
- Season with salt, if desired. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- Garnish (optional) with additional chickpeas, a drizzle of olive oil and fresh basil leaves.
- Category: Dip
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 140 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: best hummus recipe, tomato basil hummus, vegan hummus recipe