- 1 14-ounce package extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch sea salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons plain, unsweetened soymilk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces (about 2–1/4 cups) sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups loosely packed chopped greens (i.e., mustard, collard, spinach, kale)
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Remove tofu from package, and press it by wrapping it in paper towels and placing it between two plates with something heavy on top for 5 minutes, to allow extra liquid to drain off tofu.
- Place tofu in a bowl and crumble with your hands to achieve a crumbly texture. Mix in nutritional yeast, turmeric, smoked paprika, black pepper, salt (optional), and soymilk.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté green onions, garlic, and mushrooms for about 5 minutes.
- Add crumbled tofu, chopped greens, and sun-dried tomatoes and sauté just until greens start to wilt (about 2 minutes). Serve immediately. May serve with sliced avocados, if desired.
- Makes 6 servings (about ¾ cup each)
Learn how to press tofu here.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 71 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 14 g
Keywords: vegan breakfast, healthy easy vegan breakfast, easy vegan breakfast, tofu breakfast recipe