Yields 8 servings (1 taco each)
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 2 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sea salt (as desired)
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 10-ounce tub spicy hummus (such as Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place asparagus, bell pepper, and onion in a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, and sea salt (as desired). Mix ingredients together with a spoon to distribute well.
- Place vegetables on the top rack of the oven and roast for about 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and starting to brown. Remove from the oven.
- Five minutes before the vegetables are done, place corn tortillas on a baking sheet in the oven on the middle rack. Heat just for a few minutes, until soft and beginning to brown along the edges. Remove from oven.
- Assemble tacos by spreading each tortilla with 2 ½ tablespoons of the hummus, and 1/8th of the vegetable mixture. Garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition information per taco: 223 calories, 10 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 6 g protein