Make the BEST ever classic hummus (vegan and gluten-free) with only four ingredients in 10 minutes—the perfect, healthy addition to crackers, veggies, sandwiches, pita and falafels.
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid. Put the beans into a blender or food processor.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini, black pepper, and olive oil, as well as about half of the reserved bean liquid.
- Puree the bean mixture, adding additional bean liquid as necessary to produce a smooth, very thick, creamy dip.
- Pour the bean dip into a serving dish and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of black pepper. If not serving immediately, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Makes 2 cups (about 8 servings)
To serve hummus as an appetizer, place a small serving dish of garnished hummus in the center of a platter. Arrange triangles of whole wheat pita bread and pieces of fresh raw vegetables, such as carrots, celery, bell peppers, mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli, and snow peas, on the platter.
- Category: Dip
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 89
- Sodium: 160 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: vegan hummus, healthy hummus, hummus