This brightly colored and flavored Avocado Cilantro Hummus stars avocados, lemon zest, jalapeno, and cilantro along with classic hummus ingredients, including chickpeas, tahini, and olive oil.
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid. Put the beans into a blender or food processor.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice and zest, tahini, black pepper, olive oil, jalapeno, and cilantro to the blender or processor.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh into the blender or processor.
- Puree the mixture, adding enough reserved bean liquid as necessary to produce a smooth, very thick, creamy dip.
- Pour the bean dip into a serving dish.
- Optional: garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, additional fresh cilantro, and paprika.
- If not serving immediately, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Category: Dip
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 162 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: vegan hummus, hummus recipe, avocado hummus