This salad is perfect for the cooler months, when pomegranate and avocados are at their best. Combined with hearty greens and pecan—it’s like a meal in one. Pair it with a veggie-rich soup for a simple easy meal.
Yields 4 servings
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cups chopped fresh greens (i.e., kale, chard, spinach)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lime or lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (may use extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch sea salt (optional)
- Combine quinoa, pomegranate, pecans, avocado, greens, and basil in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, pomegranate molasses, garlic, black pepper, and sea salt.
- Pour dressing over salad, combine well and serve immediately.