This super easy Vegan Cauliflower Spinach Lasagna is wholesome and hearty—filled with creamy layers of cauliflower herbed marinara sauce, spinach, plant-based cheese and sour cream, and topped with pine nuts.
Cauliflower Marinara Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 25-ounce jar marinara sauce
Layers and Toppings:
- 6 sheets (about 8 ounces) whole grain lasagna, uncooked
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup plant-based sour cream (make it from scratch here, or purchase prepared, such as Follow Your Heart or Tofuti)
- 1 cup shredded plant-based cheese, Mozzarella (i.e., Daiya, Follow Your Heart)
- 1/4 cup pine-nuts
- Prepare Cauliflower Marinara Sauce: Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan or skillet. Add onion, pepper, cauliflower and garlic and sauté 8 minutes. Stir in oregano, smoked paprika and marinara sauce and heat until bubbly.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- To prepare lasagna, spray a 9 × 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange 3 sheets of lasagna noodles on the bottom of the dish, then top with half of the spinach (3 ounces), half of the cauliflower marinara sauce, ¼ cup of the plant-based sour cream in dollops, and 1/2 cup plant-based cheese. Repeat layers again. Sprinkle with pine-nuts.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes on top rack of oven. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Slice into 8 squares and serve immediately.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free lasagna noodles, and gluten-free plant-based cheese and sour cream.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 409 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 9 g
Keywords: cauliflower, cauliflower lasagna, spinach, vegan lasagna