- 1 head cauliflower (1 ½ pounds) washed, broken into small florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas (or fresh, blanched)
- ½ small red onion, sliced into halves, and then into rings
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely diced (to cut down on spiciness, use only half)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher salt (as desired, optional)
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Fill a medium pot to half with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Remove pot from the burner, add cauliflower pieces and allow to sit for 1 minute. Drain cauliflower in a colander. Rinse with cold water just to cool.
- Place cauliflower, peas and red onions in a large salad bowl.
- In a small dish, whisk together lemon juice, EVOO, garlic, jalapeno, turmeric, cumin, black pepper and salt. Drizzle over cauliflower mixture and toss together.
- Stir in fresh cilantro and serve immediately.
- Makes 8 servings (3/4 cups each)
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 34 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g