This Mediterranean-inspired smoothie powers up the ingredients pomegranates, mandarins and tahini into a 5-minute, 5-ingredient, nutritious vegan, gluten-free pick-me-up.
- 1 cup pomegranate arils (fresh or frozen; 1 large pomegranate should provide this amount, reserve some for garnish, if desired)
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled (reserve peels for garnish, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 cup plant-based milk, protein-rich, unsweetened, plain (i.e. soy)
- 4 ice cubes
- Place pomegranate arils (reserving some for garnish, if desired), peel mandarin oranges, vanilla, tahini, plant-based milk, and ice cubes in a small blender.
- Process until smooth and well blended.
- Pour into 1 large glass (makes about 2 cups; may divide into 2 small servings if desired).
- Garnish with mandarin peel zest (shredded peel) and pomegranate arils, if desired.
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 406
- Sugar: 41 g
- Sodium: 11 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 61 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 14 g
Keywords: vegan smoothie, healthy smoothie, pomegranate smoothie