- 2 cups plain, unsweetened soymilk (or almond milk, if desired)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (depending on your sweet preference)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 – ½ teaspoons ground turmeric (depending on your taste preference)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Freshly ground black pepper (pinch, as desired)
- Place small pot on a burner and add soymilk. Bring to heat over medium setting.
- Stir in maple syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- Add turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and black pepper, stirring well.
- Bring to a slow simmer (do not boil).
- Remove from heat and pour into 4 small mugs, serving immediately. May serve with cinnamon stick.
- Alternatively, serve over ice to make iced golden milk.
- Refrigerator leftovers to enjoy later.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 60
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 60 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: turmeric, drink, vegan beverage