This scrumptious, hand-crafted, plant-based, gluten-free granola celebrates the sunny flavors of fresh oranges; it’s also low in added sugars and oils, and filled with nutrition, compliments of whole grain oats, almonds, coconuts, raisins, spices, and citrus.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- For one orange, zest it using a zester or microplane, and juice it. Add the zest and juice to a small, microwaveable bowl.
- Add vegetable oil, almond butter, agave nectar, and vanilla to the bowl. Place in the microwave and heat for 2 minutes. Remove and stir to make a smooth mixture.
- Mix oats, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and allspice together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in orange-almond butter mixture and stir well to combine.
- For the remaining two oranges, peel them and slice them into small pieces. Stir into the granola mixture.
- Spread out granola mixture evenly into a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Place in oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring every five minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove, stir in raisins, and cool. Leave uncovered at room temperature for several hours to further dry oranges.
- Place granola in an airtight container and refrigerate (due to softness of oranges).
- Serve as desired.
- Makes about 7 cups (14 ½-cup servings)
- Category: Granola
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan granola, orange spice granola, easy granola recipe