- Place farro and broth and water in a medium pan and cover with lid. Bring to a boil and cook (according to package directions) for about 30 minutes, until tender yet a bit crunchy (not soggy). Drain off any excess liquid. Cool slightly.
- Place asparagus in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook only for 3-4 minutes until crisp tender yet bright green. Remove from heat, drain off water, and cool slightly.
- Trim fennel and slice fennel thinly. Slice ¼ cup of the fennel fronds.
- Place cooked, cooled farro and asparagus, onion, fennel bulb and fronds, and pine nuts in a medium bowl and combine.
- Drizzle with olive oil, zest and juice from one lemon, and black pepper.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or chill until serving time.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tuscan, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 154 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: tuscan salad, mediterranean, farro salad