- Place kale in a large mixing bowl.
- Make vinaigrette by whisking together orange juice, olive oil, cumin, turmeric, red chili flakes, and cilantro together in a small dish.
- Toss dressing into kale with tongs, carefully distributing and coating leaves.
- Mix in cooked quinoa, mandarins, and sunflower seeds.
- Divide into 3 large entree-sized salad bowls, or serve as a side-dish to yield 6 small servings.
For a side-dish, mix in warm quinoa and serve immediately. For a cold salad, toss together cooled quinoa and chill until serving time.
May substitute canned, drained mandarin oranges for fresh.
- Serving Size: 1 small serving
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 29 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: kale, mandarin, bowl, salad bowl, fruit salad