This super easy Indian-inspired soup recipe has a touch of plant-powered lentils, quinoa, sweet potatoes, peas, and masala spices to give it a rich flavor and nutrition profile.
- 8 cups water
- 1 ½ cups green lentils
- 1 cup quinoa, rainbow
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon base
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (if desired)
- Place all ingredients in a large pot, stir well and cover.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Stir occasionally. Adjust consistency by adding additional water, as desired (to make a thicker or thinner soup, and to replace moisture lost to evaporation). Cook for 40 minutes.
- Season with a pinch of sea salt, if desired.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
- Makes 8 servings 1 1/8 cup per serving.
Instant Pot Directions: Place all ingredients except cilantro in the container of the Instant Pot. Press “Soup” setting. Cook according to manufacturer’s directions. Serve immediately. Garnish with cilantro.
Slow Cooker Directions: Place all ingredients except for cilantro in the container of the Slow Cooker. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-12 hours. Cook according to manufacturer’s directions. Serve immediately. Garnish with cilantro.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American, Indian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 110 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 50 g
- Fiber: 20 g
- Protein: 7 g
Keywords: vegan soup, quinoa soup, lentil soup