This North African whole grain salad is filled with the flavor and goodness of asparagus, kale, citrus and harissa.
- 1 bunch slender fresh asparagus, trimmed, sliced in 3-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 2 cups cooked whole grain sorghum, cooled (according to package directions)
- 2 cups chopped kale, packed
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juice, zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Place asparagus in thin layer on a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and lemon juice; sprinkle with salt and pepper (optional). Place on top shelf and roast until golden brown (about 15-20 minutes). Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, gently mix together cooked sorghum, kale, onion, cherry tomatoes, and roasted asparagus.
- In a small dish, whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, and harissa paste. Stir into the sorghum and mix well to distribute.
- Makes 6 servings (1 cup each)
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: North African, American
- Serving Size: 1 cup each
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 27 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: roasted asparagus, vegan salad, harissa recipe