- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- ½ red onion, sliced in half, and then into rings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon style mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Sea salt (optional)
- Additional fresh lavender for garnish (optional)
- Place green beans in a medium pot, cover with water and a lid, and steam just until crisp tender but bright green (about 6 minutes). Remove from heat, drain, and cool slightly.
- Mix green beans with cannellini beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and onions in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, marjoram, lavender, and black pepper. Toss into bean salad. Adjust seasonings as needed (don’t add salt unless necessary).
- Serve immediately or chill until serving time. Garnish with additional lavender, as desired.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 371 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 11 g