Tossed with freshly cooked green beans and an Herbs de Provence-infused French vinaigrette, this vegan, gluten-free recipe for Provencal Bean Salad is a powerfully flavorful dish you won’t soon forget!
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- ½ red onion, sliced in half, and then into rings
- 1/2 cup olives, pitted, drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon style mustard
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Sea salt, as desired (optional)
- Fresh lavender flowers
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil and place green beans in the pot, cover with a lid, and cook just until crisp tender but bright green (about 6 minutes). Remove from heat, drain, and cool slightly.
- While green beans are cooking, prepare the other ingredients of the salad. Mix cannellini beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, onions, olives, and parsley in a large bowl. When green beans are cooked and cooled slightly, add the green beans.
- To prepare vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, marjoram, Herbes de Provence, sea salt, and black pepper in a small dish.
- Toss vinaigrette into bean salad. Garnish with lavender, if desired.
- Serve immediately or chill until serving time.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Provencal, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 219 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 12 g
Keywords: vegan salad, provencal salad, healthy vegan salad