This 100% plant-based Apricot Almond Tart is simple and wholesome—the perfect way to celebrate a bounty of fresh apricots in the summer.
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup dairy-free margarine
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix flours, almond meal and coconut palm sugar together.
- Cut in dairy-free margarine until crumbly.
- Mix chia seeds in water a few minutes to make a gel. Stir into pastry.
- Pour pastry dough into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Pat evenly into pan. Prick with fork. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove tart crust from oven and arrange apricots over tart shell with skins facing down. Mix lemon juice, agave nectar, and vanilla in a small dish. Drizzle over the apricots and return to oven. Bake at 375 F for 25 minutes.
- Remove tart from oven and sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375 F for an additional 20 minutes until golden and tender.
- Remove, cool slightly, and serve on a platter.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 47 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan tart, almond tart, apricot tart, vegan dessert