- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Place raw cashews, nutritional yeast, and salt into the container of a food processor or blender.
- Grind until it achieves a fine, sandy-grainy texture, similar to Parmesan. If you grind too finely, it may start turning into a paste (which you don’t want!).
- Remove from processor or blender and transfer to a glass jar with a cover. Store in the refrigerator. Lasts for up to 3 months refrigerated.
- Makes about 3/4 cup (about 12 1-tablespoon servings).
- Sprinkle as desired over pasta dishes, lasagna, stews, casseroles, sandwiches, or popcorn. May use in any recipe that calls for Parmesan cheese.