- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning blend
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch sea salt (optional)
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 1 ¼ cups finely chopped pecans, divided
- 8 sheets lasagna noodles (look for whole grain), dry
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, sliced
- 1 cup plant-based cheese, shredded
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic for 8 minutes.
- Add Italian seasoning, black pepper, and sea salt (if desired), stirring well.
- Add diced tomatoes with liquid, tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, and 1 cup of the pecans. Stir sauce well and heat for 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Layer the following ingredients in a 13 X 9-inch baking dish, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray:
4 sheets of dry lasagna noodles
Half of the chard
Half of the tomato vegetable mixture
Half of the cheese
Repeat the layers so that there are two layers.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup pecans, and bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice into squares, and serve.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 230 mg
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 9 g
Keywords: vegan lasagna, swiss chard lasagna, vegetable lasagna