With the earthy flavor of pumpkin and beans, the mild heat of jalapenos and paprika, and the vibrant tastes of garlic, pumpkin seeds, and cilantro, these plant-based (vegan), gluten-free Spicy Pumpkin Black Bean Burgers are humming with amazing aromas and sensations.
- 2 stalks celery with leaves, chopped into chunks
- 1 large carrot, chopped into chunks
- 1 small zucchini, chopped into chunks
- 1 small jalapeno, sliced coarsely
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed, drained
- Place celery, carrot, zucchini, jalapeno, garlic, chia seeds, and pumpkin seeds in a food processor. Process just until finely chopped. Do not over-process or liquify. May need to pause and scrape down sides.
- Add oats, tomato paste, onion powder, cumin seeds, paprika, soy sauce, cilantro, pumpkin, and black beans, and process briefly, just until well combined. May need to pause and scrape down sides. Do not over process—mixture should be combined and ground, but not liquefied.
- Remove and refrigerate for about 1 hour, until mixture is thickened.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Remove mixture from refrigerator and fill a one-half cup measuring cup with veggie burger mixture, patting down firmly. Invert the filled measuring cup onto a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Repeat, making 8 burgers. Pat each down to shape a burger about 1-inch thick.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes, until golden brown on outside and cooked through on inside.
- Serve in a burger with condiments as desired, or as a bean patty as an entrée with a flavorful dip.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 burger patty
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 317 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: vegan veggie burgers, easy veggie burgers, healthy veggie burgers