Home-made veggie burgers just don’t get any more flavorful than these vibrant, vegan, gluten-free Curried White Bean Oat Veggie Burgers, which are filled with creamy white beans, whole grain oats, carrots, celery, herbs and spices.
- 2 medium carrots, chopped in chunks
- 1 small onion, chopped in chunks
- 2 stalks celery, chopped in chunks
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger root
- 1 1-inch piece fresh turmeric root (or 1 teaspoon dried ground turmeric)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, quartered
- 1 (15-ounce can) white beans (i.e., navy, cannellini), rinsed, drained
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Place carrots, onions, celery, cilantro, garlic, ginger, turmeric, and jalapeno pepper in the container of a food processor. Process until vegetables or chopped finely, but not pureed or liquified.
- Add white beans, oats, chia seeds, hemp seeds, cumin, soy sauce, lemon juice, and tomato paste. Process until mixture is smooth and well combined, but not liquified.
- Chill veggie burger mixture for 1 hour, so that it is easier to shape into burgers.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Scoop up veggie burger batter with a half-cup measuring cup and turn out on the baking sheet, patting with hands to form a round patty approximately 1-inch thick. Repeat to make 8 patties.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 45-50 minutes, until golden brown and firm.
- Remove and serve on a bun with toppings as desired.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 229 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 7 g
Keywords: best vegan burger, veggie burger recipe, easy veggie burger