This deep red, plant-based Red Quinoa Berry Breakfast Bowl, rich in health-protective anthocyanins, will fuel you until lunchtime and beyond.
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 cup uncooked red quinoa, uncooked
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- 2 cups assorted red berries (cranberries, strawberries, pomegranate seeds, raspberries)
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened soymilk
- Bring water to boil in a pot. Add quinoa, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and maple syrup (if desired) and stir well. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the grain is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in walnuts and flax seeds.
- Serve ¾ cup cereal into individual bowls and top each serving with ½ cup fruit and ¼ cup soymilk.
Instant Pot Directions: Place all ingredients (except walnuts, flaxseeds, berries, and soymilk) in the container of the Instant Pot. Press “Porridge” setting. Cook according to manufacturer’s directions. Follow directions for step 2 and 3 above.
Slow Cooker Directions: Place all ingredients (except walnuts, flaxseeds, berries, and soymilk) in the container of the Slow Cooker. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-12 hours. Cook according to manufacturer’s directions. Follow directions for step 2 and 3 above.
- Category: Breakast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 349
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 37 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 12 g
Keywords: vegan breakfast bowl, quinoa breakfast bowl, healthy vegan breakfast