Harness the power of pumpkins to flavor a batch of wholesome, nutritious no-cook, no-sugar added, gluten-free, vegan energy bites—perfect for pre- or post-workout snacks, kids’ (and grownups’!) lunchboxes, and afternoon pick-me-ups with coffee.
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1/3 cup dried raisins (or cranberries)
- 1 cup canned (or cooked) pumpkin
- 10 small soft dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Place oats, hemp, chia, flax, walnut, ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, pumpkin pie spice blend, and dried raisins (or cranberries) in the container of a food processor. Process for a few seconds, just until ingredients are finely ground.
- Add pumpkin, dates, peanut butter, and vanilla and process for a few minutes until smooth, pausing to scrape down sides as needed. Should be a smooth, finely ground, sticky texture.
- Pour mixture into a bowl, cover, and chill for about 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into small balls (makes 28 balls) with hands.
- Place 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds in a small dish and roll each ball into the pumpkin seeds to coat.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Category: Bites
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 16 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: vegan energy balls, pumpkin spice energy balls