- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 5 tablespoons plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup dairy-free margarine spread
- ½ cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar (may substitute brown sugar)
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups flour (may use half whole wheat; half all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place chia seeds in plant-based milk and whisk together for two minutes.
- Mix in vanilla, dairy-free margarine, and peanut or almond butter.
- Mix in brown sugar.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda, and baking powder and combine just until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Form cookie dough into small, golf ball sizes balls and place on cookie sheet, allowing space for cookies to spread out slightly.
- With a fork, press down on cookies to flatten slightly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden and firm.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 38 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: cookies, cowboy cookies, dessert, vegan cookies