These super simple, no-bake Easy Cheerios Treat are based on nut butter and agave syrup—a much more wholesome version than typical cereal treats.
- 1 cup agave syrup
- 1 cup nut or seed butter (i.e., peanut, almond, cashew, sunflower)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups plain Cheerios™ (or other oat circle cereal)
- ½ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Optional Topping: sprinkles, chocolate shavings, nut sprinkles
- Place agave, nut or seed butter, and vanilla in a small microwave safe dish and heat for 2 minutes. Remove and stir until smooth.
- Place Cheerios, cranberries or raisins, and peanuts in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour hot nut butter mixture over cereal mixture, and stir well to moisten all ingredients.
- Spray a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish and pat down firmly. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and optional toppings as desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and slice into 15 squares. Store in refrigerator (if stored at room temperature, bars get crumbly).
- Makes 15 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 servings
- Calories: 282
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 145 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 7 g
Keywords: cheerios treat, easy cheerios treat, cheerios dessert