Turn to this simple, aromatic roasted vegetable medley to top good, fresh pasta for a 100% plant-based, rustic dish that will satisfy.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 small summer squash, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 pound fresh vegan fettuccine pasta, store-bought or home-made*
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 16 olives, drained
- 1/4 cup cashew parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Arrange sliced onion, cauliflower florets, and summer squash in a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, and season with rosemary, black pepper, and salt (optional).
- Place in top rack of oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before the vegetables are done, fill a large pot with water, cover it, and bring to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and the pasta, cooking for 2-4 minutes until al dente. Remove from heat and drain water.
- Serve the pasta in individual pasta bowls, by dishing up one-fourth of the pasta per portion, topping it with one-fourth of the vegetables, 4 olives, and 1 tablespoon cashew parmesan (learn how to make this here).
- Serve pasta on a platter or individual pasta bowls. Top with roasted vegetables.
*May substitute fresh pasta for 10 ounces dried pasta in step 5, cooking according to package directions.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 190 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 11 g
Keywords: vegan fettuccini, easy fettuccini, homemade fettuccini