Home-made vegan ice cream has never been so easy—and delicious—as in this ultimate recipe for a chunky dark chocolate and toasted walnut ice cream featuring coconut milk.
Basic Nice Cream:
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk (do not use coconut milk beverage, or light coconut milk)
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut cream
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine coconut milk, coconut cream, agave syrup and vanilla in a medium pan, and heat over medium setting, stirring frequently until mixture starts bubbling.
- Remove from heat and mix with an immersion blender (or pour into a blender container) for 1-2 minutes until very creamy and well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a container, cover, and chill in the refrigerator until it completely cools down (about 2 hours). Fold in the dark chocolate chunks and walnuts with a spoon.
- Churn in an ice cream maker, following manufacturer’s directions, until thick and creamy (depending on ice cream maker, about 5-15 minutes).
- Place in a container in the freezer until it achieves desired firmness to scoop (about 1-2 hours).
- Scoop into dishes and serve.
- Makes about 5 cups (about 10 ½-cup servings).
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 28 mg
- Fat: 28 g
- Saturated Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: vegan ice cream, nice cream, easy vegan ice cream, best vegan ice cream