This 100% plant-based, whole grain recipe for classic cornbread is your new go-to; get it on the table in under 30 minutes with ingredients from your pantry.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together plant-based milk, oil and chia seeds and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Add cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder, and stir just until well combined.
- Spray a 9-inch skillet (or 9 x 9-inch baking dish) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour in batter and smooth with a spatula.
- Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through (a fork comes out clean when you pierce the center of the bread).
- Slice into 8 wedges.
- Makes 8 servings
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 26 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 5 g