- 2 medium pears (try Green Anjou), unpeeled, diced into small pieces (about ½ inch); (about 2 ½ cups diced)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats, gluten-free
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup peanut or almond butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- Place diced pears in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice, stirring to coat the pears.
- Add oats, almonds, cashews, and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut or almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, water, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth.
- Mix the butter-maple syrup mixture into the pear-oat-nut mixture, combining well to moisten dry ingredients.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and spread trail mix evenly in the pan.
- Place in oven and bake on top rack for 1 ½ hours, stirring every 20 minutes. Turn off oven and keep pan in oven for an additional hour to dry pears.
- Remove from oven and transfer to an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 23 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 11 g
Keywords: pear, trail mix, baked, snack