- 3 cups cooked short or medium grain brown rice (according to package directions)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Tofu with Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean chili paste, look for vegan, gluten-free)
- 1 15-ounce package firm tofu, pressed, cut into triangles about 2–3 inches wide.
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into matchstick pieces
- 2 small zucchinis, sliced into matchstick pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced into matchstick pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large bunch greens (chard, bok choy, spinach), coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cook rice first, according to package directions. While rice is cooking, assemble all remaining steps (tofu, vegetables, greens) as noted below.
- To make tofu with marinade: Whisk together 2 tablespoons sesame oil, rice vinegar, and gochujang to make the marinade. Place sliced tofu in a shallow microwave safe dish and pour half of the marinade over the tofu and marinate for 10 minutes. Place tofu with marinade in the microwave and heat for 4 minutes. Do not drain liquid. While tofu is cooking, prepare the vegetables.
- To make vegetables: Place sliced carrots, zucchini, and pepper in a baking sheet (sprayed with nonstick cooking spray) in a thin layer, sprinkle with garlic, and roast in the top shelf of an oven (400 F) until crisp tender—about 6-8 minutes. While vegetables are roasting, prepare the skillet rice.
- Prepare the skillet rice: Heat a large skillet until very hot. Brush the bottom and sides of the skillet with the 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Press cooked rice into the bottom of the skillet evenly, using a spoon. Place back on medium heat, cover, and cook for about 7 minutes, until rice begins to get golden around the sides (do not stir). While the rice is cooking prepare greens.
- To cook greens: Place greens in a medium pan with water and steam just until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Drain water.
- Assemble the vegetable tofu skillet: Remove the lid off the skillet of rice, and arrange greens, vegetables, and tofu on top. Drizzle remaining reserved marinade over skillet and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately right out of skillet into bowls.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Korean
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 377
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 159 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 14 g
Keywords: vegan korean food, korean recipe, vegan korean recipe