The crunchy mix of sweet pears, licorice-scented fennel, and peppery fennel marry well in this cool weather salad that is completely plant-based and gluten-free.
- Trim the stems of the fennel, leaving the bulb (reserving some of the fronds). Slice it in half, and then into thin slices. Chop 1/2 cup of the fennel fronds (green, feathery leaves). Add to a large salad bowl.
- Slice pears (unpeeled) in half, core, and slice into thin wedges. Add to the salad bowl.
- Add arugula leaves to salad bowl.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and salt (optional) in a small dish.
- Drizzle over the salad and gently toss.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 83 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 1 g
Keywords: pear salad, arugula salad, best pear salad