Packed with fiber, plant proteins, healthy fats, and veggies, this nutrient-rich one-dish meal is a satisfying completely plant-based (vegan), gluten-free meal for both busy nights or elegant dinners.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, red bell pepper, and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add quinoa and cook for an additional minute.
- Heat vegetable broth, white wine, rosemary, and black pepper together in a small pot until warm. Reduce heat to low.
- Add broth mixture to saucepan with quinoa mixture, ½ cup at a time, stirring until it is absorbed. Repeat this procedure for about 15 minutes, until quinoa is tender, but not overcooked. (May not use all of broth mixture—use only what you need to create a moist, tender quinoa.)
- Stir in kale and lemon zest and heat for an additional minute only, until ingredients are heated through but kale remains bright green.
- Sprinkle with pistachios and serve immediately.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 346
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 496 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 12 g
Keywords: risotto recipe, best risotto recipe, homemade risotto