Inspired by the “boils” celebrated in the South and New England, this completely plant-based Corn and Potato Boil is based on the stars of the show, corn and potatoes, along with lots of dill and garlic.
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, shucked (outer husks and corn silks removed), broken into thirds
- 6 medium fresh new potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed
- 1 bunch fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- Place sweet corn into a large pot. Add potatoes.
- Fill pot with water just to cover the corn and potatoes.
- Add fresh dill, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for about 20 minutes, until just tender. Do not overcook, potatoes should be firm and corn should be bright yellow and crisp.
- Drain water* and serve corn and potatoes in pot, or on a large platter. Serve immediately.
- Serve 1 medium potato and 2 pieces of corn per serving.
*Reserve the drained water for a delicious vegetable broth for future meals, such as soup or stew.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 6 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: vegan corn boil, healthy dinner, vegan food