I love the hearty, simple flavors of this plant-friendly dish for Sweet Potato Black Bean Bake, which pays tribute to the amazing cuisine of Central America.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes, onions, bell peppers, and black beans in the dish and stir gently.
- Mix together lemon juice, salsa, cilantro, garlic, cumin, allspice, black pepper, and salt (optional) in a small dish.
- Mix salsa mixture into vegetable mixture.
- Place in oven (uncovered) and bake for about 1 hour until vegetables are tender and golden brown.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 83 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: sweet potato, vegan entree, black bean recipe