- 1 225-gram package rice vermicelli, dried (or half of a 500 gram-package of Bihon noodles, if available)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ sliced onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup sliced snow peas
- 2 ounces sliced shitake mushrooms
- 6 ounces (about ¼ small head) cabbage, sliced
- 1 15-ounce package extra firm tofu, drained, cubed
- 1 – 2 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Break dried noodles in half and place in a colander. Rinse with water for a minute or two until slightly soft.
- Heat oil in a large pan, skillet, or wok over high. Add garlic and onion and stir-fry for 4 minutes.
- Add pepper, celery, broccoli, carrots and snow peas, and stir-fry for 8 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cabbage, and tofu and sauté for an additional 3 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender but bright in color.
- Remove vegetable mixture from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 cup broth to the same pan and heat until bubbly.
- Add noodles and stir-fry, until they gradually absorb broth and become soft and separated. Add soy sauce. Add additional broth as needed. Do not overcook.
- Stir in the vegetables and cook just until heated through, adding additional broth if needed (only to avoid sticking)
- Garnish with green onions. Makes 8 servings.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 438 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 8 g
Keywords: vegan pancit, vegetable pancit, easy pancit recipe