Make this healthy, plant-based meal—filled with the goodness of green beans, mushrooms, tofu and flavorful seasonings—in 30 minutes. Serve with your favorite whole grains.
- ¾ cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 14-ounce package extra firm tofu, drained (pressed is even better), cubed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium (about 6 ounces) white onion, sliced
- 12 ounces fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 medium (about 7 ounces) yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- In a medium dish, mix water, miso paste, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, red pepper flakes, coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar), and cornstarch in a small dish until smooth. Place cubed tofu in the dish and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, sauté pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and beans, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and mushrooms and sauté for an additional 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender, but still crisp and bright colored.
- Add marinated tofu and the liquid in the dish to the pan, and stir gently to combine ingredients.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until bubbly and thickened.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with your favorite cooked whole grains, such as brown rice, farro, spelt, or quinoa.
- Makes 4 servings (about 2 cups per serving).
To learn how to press tofu, check out this blog.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Asian, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 363 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 13 g
Keywords: miso green bean, vegan entree, healthy vegan entree