This bright, fresh veggie stir-fry is filled with flavor and aroma, compliments of the sunny tastes of fresh orange, crisp snow peas, bell peppers, and onions, marinated cubes of tempeh, and crunchy peanuts.
- 2 oranges, juice and zest
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 8-ounce package tempeh, cubed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ¼ cup water
- 1 small bell pepper (red, green, yellow, or orange), sliced
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas
- 1/3 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (medium or long), according to package directions
- To make the Orange Marinade: Whisk together the orange juice and zest, water, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, curry paste, and cornstarch in a small dish until smooth.
- Place the tempeh in the marinade, cover, and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or skillet. Add the carrots and onions and sauté, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Add the water and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper, snow peas, peanuts, and tempeh in the orange marinade to the pan and stir-fry for an additional 4 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender and mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat and serve with cooked brown rice. Makes 4 servings (about 2 cups stir-fry with ½ cup rice per serving per serving). Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian, American
- Serving Size: 2 cups stir-fry and 1/2 cup rice
- Calories: 406
- Sodium: 555 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 19 g
Keywords: vegan stir-fry, healthy stir-fry