- 4 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 cups chopped asparagus spears
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced snow peas
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium, gluten free soy sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, pressed for 30 minutes and cut into 1-inch cubes (see notes for how to press tofu)
- 2 cups cooked sorghum (according to package directions)
- To make sorghum bowl, heat 2 teaspoons peanut oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus, carrots, ginger and garlic and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the water to the skillet and cover; let the vegetables steam for about 2 minutes, until bright and tender.
- Add the red pepper, snow peas and soy sauce to the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, 3-4 minutes more, or until all the vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove the vegetables and wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Return skillet to medium-heat heat. Add the remaining peanut oil and swirl to coat, then add the tofu. Cook until lightly browned and crisp on all sides, turning occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the Thai sauce then pour over the tofu. Cook for 4-5 minutes until sauce has thickened and tofu is coated. Add back in the vegetables and toss once more to coat.
- Divide the cooked sorghum among 4 bowls and top with the vegetables and tofu.
*Learn how to press tofu here.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 416
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 610 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 20 g