- ¾ cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce, gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound Chinese long beans
- teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15-ounce package extra firm tofu, drained (may press for best results)
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice (brown is best)
- In a small bowl, mix together the broth, soy sauce, sugar, chili garlic sauce and cornstarch until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare long beans: Trim ends. You can slice into smaller segments (about 4 inches each), or leave in long strands, according to your preference.
- Heat sesame oil in a large sauté pan or wok. Sauté onions and garlic for 2 minutes. Add long beans and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add sauce and red bell pepper. Cook, stirring gently for an additional 3 minutes. Add tofu and stir gently, cooking until mixture is thickened, and l vegetables are crisp tender, but still bright in color.
- Place green bean mixture on a platter with hot cooked jasmine rice on the side.
Learn about pressing tofu here.