Turn to summer-ripe produce, green beans and tomatoes, with a simple red wine vinaigrette and a sprinkle of sliced almonds and basil, to make a hearty, vegan-friendly, gluten-free salad for any meal.
- Trim green beans and slice in half. Place in a medium pot with water, cover, and boil for about 5 minutes, until crisp tender but still bright green. Cool the beans.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cooked, cooled green beans, diced tomatoes, almonds, and fresh basil.
- To make vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, black pepper, and sea salt (optional) in a small dish and toss into salad.
- Serve immediately (or chill until serving time).
- Makes 8 (2/3 cup servings).
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 66
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 78 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: vegan summer salad, green bean salad, healthy green bean salad