This delicious, Greek-inspired salad is a nourishing one-dish-in-a-bowl for lunch or dinner, or the perfect salad accompaniment for a family-sized meal. Packed with nutrients and flavors, this will soon be your go-to recipe of the week.
Yields 1 large entrée-sized bowl, or 4 small servings
- 2 cups loosely packed, fresh greens (i.e., baby kale, arugula, romaine)
- ½ cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 10 Kalamata olives, pitted, whole
- 1 small Persian cucumber, with peel, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced red onions
- 2 tablespoons pinenuts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Pinch sea salt (optional)
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch smoked red paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Fill a large, individual-sized bowl with greens.
- Arrange the following on top of the greens: edamame, cherry tomatoes, cooked quinoa, Kalamata olives, sliced cucumbers, sliced red onions, and pinenuts.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, sea salt (optional), black pepper, red paprika, and oregano.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad bowl, evenly.
Nutrition Information per ¼ Serving: 183 calories: 183, 11 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol: 0 mg, 206 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 6 g protein
Sharon Palmer, RDN, The Plant-Powered Dietitian