These 100% plant-based classic snickerdoodles are filled with the aromas and flavors of cinnamon sugar. Plus, they are quick and easy—get them done in 35 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ cup softened vegan margarine
- ½ cup organic sugar
- 3 cups all purposed flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
Cinnamon Spice Topping:
- 3 tablespoons organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine chia seeds with plant-based milk and vanilla and whip together with a whisk. Set aside for two minutes.
- Add softened margarine with the whisk.
- Add organic sugar and stir with a fork until smooth.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and pinch of salt. Stir with a fork just until dough is smooth and well combined.
- Make cinnamon spice topping by mixing together 3 tablespoons sugar with 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small dish.
- Roll out cookie dough into small balls (24) with hands. Roll each ball into the cinnamon sugar and place on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Space out evenly three inches apart.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Flatten top of each cookie gently with the back of a spoon. Bake for an additional 8 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool. Makes 24 cookies.
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 104 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: vegan cookies, vegan snickerdoodle recipe, snickerdoodle recipe