- 1 ½ tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ tablespoon flax seed, ground
- ¼ cup plant-based milk (i.e. soy, coconut, almond)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup dairy-free margarine
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 ½ cups flour (may substitute white whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour blend)
- ½ cup almond meal flour
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup dairy-free white chocolate chips or broken dairy-free white chocolate (available at natural food stores or online)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together chia, flax and milk in a bowl with an electric mixer (or mix vigorously with a wire whisk) for 2 minutes.
- Mix in vanilla, margarine and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in baking powder, soda, salt, and flours only until smooth.
- Stir in macadamia nuts, coconut, and white chocolate chips.
- Scoop heaping spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheets.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Nutrition information per serving: 151 calories, 11 g total fat, 4 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g sugar, 1 g protein
- Serving Size: 1