One of the best ways to showcase a bumper crop of fresh produce from the farmers market—or your garden or supermarket—is with this veggie-rich pasta salad, which includes a rainbow of seasonal produce.
- 8 ounces pasta (any desired shape, may use wheat or pulse pasta)
- 3 medium radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 small carrots, scrubbed (don’t peel), thinly sliced
- 1 small summer squash (yellow, green, silver), thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks or green onions
- 1 small bell pepper (purple, red, yellow, orange, green), thinly sliced
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes (orange, yellow, green, red), sliced in half
- ½ cup pinenuts
- 2 cups baby leafy greens (i.e., kale, arugula, mustard, spinach)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Place pasta in boiling water and cook until al dente, according to package directions. Remove from heat, drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables. Add radishes, carrots, summer squash, leeks (or green onions), bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and pine nuts to the bowl and toss gently. Add baby leafy greens, and basil to bowl and set aside.
- Make vinaigrette by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt (optional), and black pepper in a small bowl. Pour vinaigrette over pasta salad mixture. Toss gently. Chill until serving time.
- Makes 8 servings (about 1 1/3 cups each)
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 1/3 cups
- Calories: 306
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 130 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 16 g
Keywords: vegan salad, farmers market salad, farmers market produce, farmers market recipe