Make your own amazing (vegan, gluten-free) curried baked tofu with a fresh turmeric paste. Add it to sandwiches, salads, and wraps—or just eat it as a protein-packed entrée.
- Create the Turmeric paste by mixing together in a small bowl: juice of one lemon, garlic, turmeric root, curry powder, black pepper, olive oil, and agave syrup.
- Slice tofu in half. Then slice each half into three rectangular slabs for a total of six pieces.
- Place tofu in one layer in a baking dish.
- Spread the turmeric paste evenly over the tofu. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Place the marinated tofu on the top rack of the oven and bake until golden brown (about 35 minutes).
- Remove from oven. Serve as an entrée warm, or chill and serve in sandwiches, salads, or wraps.
- Makes 3 servings (2 pieces each).
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American, South East Asian
Keywords: baked tofu, turmeric tofu