This classic, caramelized, vegan, gluten-free recipe for roasted Brussels sprouts is your new favorite comfort food side dish for all of your favorite meals.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ½ cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (may use 1 cup fresh or frozen if available)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Trim ends of Brussels sprouts and slice them in half. Arrange evenly on a baking sheet.
- Arrange onion slices, hazelnuts, and cranberries over Brussel sprouts and toss together gently.
- To make vinaigrette: In a small dish, mix together, olive oil, maple syrup, vinegar, garlic, smoked paprika, salt and pepper (as desired), and rosemary.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over vegetables and toss with tongs to distribute.
- Place in top rack of oven and roast until gold brown, about 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven, cool slightly, and serve. Makes 8 servings.
- Category: Side Dish, Vegetables
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 29 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: best brussels sprouts, brussels sprout recipe, vegan brussels sprouts