Get an amazing, flavorful, plant-based (vegan) grain bowl on the table with only 10 minutes of your time and one sheet pan, including a few veggies—cauliflower, bell pepper, sweet potatoes, red onions, canned chickpeas—and Maya Kaimal products.
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (optional)
- 1 12.5 ounce jar Maya Kaimal Coconut Korma sauce
- 2 8.5-ounce packages Maya Kaimal Surekha Rice, Turmeric + Cumin
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Arrange cauliflower, bell pepper slices, red onion slices, sweet potato cubes, and chickpeas on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice evenly. Sprinkle with seasoning salt, evenly.
- Place in top rack of oven and roast veggies for about 35-40 minutes, until golden brown and tender.
- While veggies are roasting, open jar of Maya Kaimal Coconut Korma sauce, cover with a microwave safe dish (to avoid splattering) and microwave for about 2 minutes, until hot.
- Tear the package of Maya Kaimal Surekha Rice, Turmeric + Cumin about 2 inches to vent, and microwave (according to package directions) for about 2 minutes, until warm.
- To serve: Place 1 cup hot Maya Kaimal Surekha Rice, Turmeric + Cumin in the bottom of each bowl (makes 4 bowls). Divide the cauliflower, bell pepper slices, red onion slices, sweet potato cubes, and chickpeas among each bowl (one-fourth per bowl), arranging on top of each bowl. Spoon over about 1/3 cup sauce over each bowl. Serve immediately!
This is a great meal prep idea, as you can assemble four bowls and enjoy them during the week.
Sponsored by Maya Kaimal.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Indian, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 588
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 609 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 92 g
- Fiber: 13 g
- Protein: 17 g
Keywords: vegan bowl, power bowl, power bowl recipe