- 1 onion, sliced in thick wedges
- 8 ounces broccoli spears or broccoli rabe
- 1 bell pepper (green, yellow, red, or orange), sliced into thick pieces
- 4 small carrots, sliced in half vertically
- 4 mini zucchinis, sliced in half
- 6 baby eggplants, sliced into half vertically (or 1 small eggplant, sliced into thin vertical strips)
- 2 small sweet potatoes, sliced into strips
Lemon Herb Olive Oil Marinade:
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh herbs (i.e., parsley, basil, rosemary, tarragon, chives, cilantro)
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Slice the vegetables into medium size pieces, as noted. Don’t slice them so small that they fall in between the grids of the grill basket while grilling.
- Place sliced vegetables into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Prepared marinade by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, and salt and pepper (optional).
- Drizzle marinade over veggies and toss with tongs to distribute ingredients.
- Marinade for at least one hour.
- Heat the grill to medium heat. Use a grill basket or grill the vegetables directly on the grill grates. (Check out these directions on using a grill basket). Reserve marinade at the bottom of the dish.
- Grill vegetables, turning with tongs to avoid burning or charring. Brush on reserved marinade, cooking until golden brown and just tender. Some vegetables will be done cooking earlier than others, so remove as the vegetables are done. Vegetables may take from 10-40 minutes, depending on type of vegetable.
- Serve grilled vegetables on a platter, or with sandwiches, salads, grain bowls, or wraps.
You may need to remove some veggies that cook quickly, and allow some that need additional cooking to remain on grill longer.
Suggestions: I love to enjoy grilled veggies as a simple side to a delicious meal, such as a veggie burger or nut loaf. But don’t be afraid to use leftovers in a salad, sandwich, or pasta dish the next day.
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving (vegetables + marinade)
Keywords: grilled vegetables, how to grill vegetables, best grilled vegetables